A little bit about us...
An established leader in the core marine charting market, we produce world-class software products that empower businesses today and into the future.
Our services range from data acquisition and storage all the way through to distribution and presentation – while offering a full consultation service to answer any questions or queries that you might have along the way.
Creativity is key, and our highly motivated team drives innovation and perfection – to provide you with realistic results, and advice that works.
We aren’t interested in quick fixes or superficial solutions to problems, rather we pride ourselves on our integrity of approach and our ability as engineers, with an emphasis on accuracy, reliability and genuine added value.
...if we say we can do it, we can do it.
A new version of Henry has now been released. This includes the following improvements:
- Support for the latest S-57 ENC presentation as defined in S-52 Ed 4.0.1
- Improved display of Shape File data - this now has nice smooth anti-aliased lines
- AML V3 data can now be imported into the SENC.
- Full support for PAYS (Pay As You Sail ENC chart licensing).
- Improved handling of changing to a different chart database when opening a workspace.
- Improved main menu layout. “Display” is now a top level item.
- “Find a chart” and “Open chart” now allow you to choose the type of chart.
- Can now create an overlay document from plain text in the clipboard that contains latitude and longitudes.
- Improved S-57 presets now contain the S-57 usages settings.
Details of recent changes can be found on the Henry support site.
You can trial this release by downloading the demonstration version.
We are very pleased to welcome some new faces to the CherSoft team.
CherSoft is constantly trying to better understand how mariners use our products in order to provide a better experience. We've now taken this a step further by appointing Roger Jones as Master Mariner to CherSoft. Roger obtained his Master Foreign-Going Certificate in 1968 and is an extremely experienced seafarer with decades of experience on many classes of vessel, from Ro/Ro ferries to small commercial craft. Since retiring he has become a keen yachtsman, sailing extensively in the Atlantic and Pacific. Roger adds to the wealth of nautical expertise at CherSoft and provides an invaluable link between us and our end-users.
Also joining us is Owen Johnson, who joins us as part of the AtoBviaC Distance Tables team. Owen will be helping us to maintain the highest-quality ships' routeing database in the world, covering over 3,000 ports worldwide, and trusted by some of the biggest names in the shipping and offshore sectors.