We are constantly looking to improve our team with talented people. If you would like to join us, email your CV and a little bit about why you would like to join us to email@example.com
We are genuinely interested in software development and get excited about building new, high quality software solutions that creatively solve design problems in the marine industry. We take pride and pleasure in what we do and we genuinely get excited about software development. This is evident in the quality of the software we produce.
The products we design are our own, are unusual and interesting to work on. The majority of our work is greenfield developments, very little is maintaining legacy systems, so it is important that you like a challenge.
Software developers founded CherSoft and our goal is to be a company where software developers enjoy working. We are achieving this by providing a great working environment, including flexible working hours, a work from home policy and having a supportive management team. We also have some spectacular coffee machines. Our Yorkshire tea is also top-quality to keep the tea drinkers happy!
To keep moving forward as a company, we invest in training and development and encourage our staff to continue to learn more within our workplace.
No agencies please – we believe the best way to find self-motivated and talented people is direct, rather than through a recruitment agency.
CherSoft is an equal opportunities employer.
Wherever possible, we will remove unjustifiable barriers and we aim to provide suitable facilities and a good working environment. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- All vacancy advertisements include a statement on equal opportunity. Selection criteria are reviewed to ensure that they are essential for the effective performance of the job
- Our offices are wheelchair accessible
- Flexible working hours and full support in working from home where practical
- Requests for part-time working will not be denied unless there are vital operational reasons
- Annual pay reviews include a check that employees performing similar jobs are earning similar pay
We are looking for an experienced software developer with a passion for quality who will lead the software testing and quality assurance strategy for our project teams.
You will work in a team of developers on both internal software projects and projects for external clients. You will also contribute to the analysis, design, quality assurance and support of our software products. You will bring a keen and imaginative approach to developing test strategies. You will be involved in the full-lifecycle of each project. For some projects you will have direct contact with the client.
You will have a good, relevant degree in Software, Computing, Mathematics, Science or other technological subject.
In addition to playing an active role in software development, you will lead the testing of our software products. The responsibilities include:
- Communicate with key stakeholders to devise test objectives, policies, strategies and plans for projects and products.
- Identify areas where test automation is effective; ensure the correct automation tools are in place and that the project teams can use them.
- Lead, mentor and monitor the project teams as they analyze, design, implement and execute the testing of all products.
- Ensure appropriate configuration management of the test infrastructure.
- Provide the framework for recording and reporting test results.
- Monitor, measure, control and review test progress, test results and product quality, adapting the testing efforts as needed to ensure acceptable quality of products.
We develop software for the Microsoft Windows platform. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in one or more of these areas:
- .Net and C++ Languages
- Desktop Application Development (Winforms / WPF)
- Database Systems (SQL Server / Entity Framework / Oracle)
- Data Processing (XML / JSON)
To be part of the AtoBviaC team maintaining the marine distance tables and supporting the route network, publishing data and updates to customers, supporting customers and administering customer purchases and renewals.
As part of your day-to-day work you will:
- Service route requests from customers.
- On a weekly basis review Admiralty Notices to Mariners and other data that impacts the Route Network; identify changes that need to be made to the network and implement those changes, documenting the changes made as they are being carried out.
- Take part in review sessions with other members of the team and with our Master Mariners, to ensure changes made to the Route Network meet our quality standards.
- Administer customer orders.
- Provide first line support to customers in the use of AtoBviaC products and services where possible, escalating where necessary to the team.
- Maintain support documentation about the company and its products.
Good communication skills.
The ability to work within a team and to meet deadlines.
An aptitude to learn and use new and unfamiliar software tools and work processes.
A rigorous approach to the analysis and modification of data.
A keen attention to detail.
An awareness of world geography and the principal maritime trade routes would be a bonus but is not essential.
The role is a salaried position. There is a nominal working week of 37.5 hours.
The holiday entitlement is 25 days plus permanent statutory holidays.
There is a pension scheme provided to which the company will contribute 3%.
The starting salary will be in the range £18,000 to £21,000
Applications close 5th May 2017Apply Now
We are looking for talented, motivated graduates for our Development team. An aptitude for learning is more important than experience. You will get the opportunity to work with a range of technologies and to grow your skills and experience.
You will be able to work in a team of developers on either internal software projects or projects for external clients. Our project teams work on the full-lifecycle of a software project, whilst the main activity is development you will also be contributing to the analysis and design, quality assurance and support of the software product.
You will have a good degree in Software, Computing, Mathematics, Science or another relevant subject.
Skills and experience in the following areas are useful but not essential:
- Software development using .NET (C#) and/or C++
- Object-oriented analysis and design
We develop software for the Microsoft Windows platform and the candidate should have some understanding and awareness of the following areas:
- Desktop Application Development (.Net 4.5 / C++ 11 / Winforms / WPF)
- Database Systems (Oracle / SQL Server / NHibernate)
- Data Processing (XML / JSON)